How To Recycle in Alachua County for 2013

Do you need a recy­cling bin? if so, please call:

  •  Coun­ty res­i­dents call (352) 338‑3233
  •  City Res­i­dents call (352) 334‑2330

BIG BLUE BIN : This bin is used for COMMINGLED RECYCLABLES.  It can be green or black, this is NOT FOR PLASTIC BAGS

  • Food and Bev­er­age Car­tons — new for 2013
  • Plas­tic and Gladd Bot­tles and Jars
  • Met­al Cans
  • Yogurt Cups
  • Mar­garine Tubs
  • Emp­ty Aerosol Cans 

BIG ORANGE BIN : This bin is used for PAPER.  It can be green or black. Put all  PAPER RECYCLABLES in a paper bag.

  • Paper­back Books — new for 2013 (please donate this instead if pos­si­ble)
  • Coupon Books- new for 2013
  • School work­books — new for 2013
  • Junk Mail
  • Mag­a­zines
  • Office Paper
  • Cat­a­logs
  • News­pa­pers
  • Phone Books
  • Paper Bags
  • Clean Card­board ( 3′ X 3′ flat­tened)


5125 NE 63rd Ave, Gainesville, FL — (352) 334‑0440

This cen­ter col­lects, recy­cles and prop­er­ly dis­pos­es of the fol­low­ing house­hold haz­ardous wastes:

  • Per­scrip­tion and over-the-counter med­ica­tions
  • Elec­tron­ics, com­put­ers and tv’s
  • Paint sol­vents and auto­mo­tive prod­ucts
  • House­hold, yard and pool chem­i­cals
  • Flu­o­res­cent lights, aerosol cans, bat­ter­ies and much more

Rur­al Col­lec­tion Cen­ters

Locat­ed near Archer, Fair­banks, High Springs, North Cen­tral (SR 121) and Phifer.  Items they take include:

  • Large house­hold items
  • Recy­clables
  • Haz­ardous waste
  • House­hold and yard trash
Be Socia­ble, Share!

Comments are closed.